- Dark Mode Support! In the articles, and the general UI, we automatically follow the Windows UI theme!
- Windows Timeline support – see what you’ve been reading, and when you read it. Just click the Windows Task View icon
- Picture-in-picture mode! Need to keep the article on screen while working in other applications? This is it!
- Windows Jump List – right click the start menu tile or task bar icon to see recently added or read articles
- Share a link to the article you’re currently reading using the share charm!
- Many more keyboard shortcuts! See the FAQ for details. You’ll also see them mentioned in tooltips now!
- Visual drop shadows on floating UI elements (Context menus & drop-downs)
- What’s new popup to tell you what’s new about a release
- Improved startup performance when restoring directly back to an article
- Improved keyboard focus so that it doesn’t get lost, and goes exactly where you’d expect it to
- Added a footer to the article to let you share, delete, like and perform other operations when you’re at the end without showing the toolbar
- Toolbar overflow in the article view, so it’s not quite so busy
- Blurry article titles in article view (it’s as good as it’s gonna get!)
- Crashing on startup after exiting while viewing an article that has now been deleted from Instapaper
- Fix for overlaps of ‘…’ menu when viewing a video-only article (e.g. YouTube, or Vimeo)
- With Windows 10 v1809 you could unintentionally zoom the UI with a wheel & Ctrl+ – it’s now disabled
- Increased item size in article list to better take advantage of the default screen size on a Surface
- Fixed crash when using the keyboard to tab to the ‘feedback’ button
- Double clicking ‘close’ to close an article would crash
- Sometimes, images were draggable. You didn’t want them to be, so now they’re not!
- Escape didn’t work in the settings dialog
- Finally fixed a glitchy animation on first sign in
- Title bar colours now go black when in full screen video mode
v1.2.2: Fix for rare crash on startup